Monday, May 17, 2010

Dreams

While moving I found a paper I wrote in 8th grade about what my life would be like when I was 30, it was an assignment for my language arts class. I still have 8 years before I'm 30 but so much of my dreams and what I thought life would be like has changed. In my paper I wrote that I would be an assistant veterinarian who graduated from UW Madison. I was also married with 3 children and living in my hometown. I also said I was going back to school to become a vet.

When I entered high school my dream changed, my sophomore year I decided that I didn't really like animals as much as I once had and I wanted to be a nurse. I wanted to help people because I care so much about people. Also around this time my grandpa was diagnosed with colon cancer, he spent the next 4 years in and out of hospitals, it was through that experience that confirmed that I wanted to be a nurse. I saw how much the good nurses impacted him and my family and I also so how a bad nurse can change everything. I wanted to be one of the good nurses who made a difference in the life of others. At this point in my life I thought I would go to Bellin College of Nursing and go back to hometown to live and work as a RN in the local hospital.

My parents got married right out of high school and so did my brother so naturally I assumed that this would be the case in my life too. Well friends, I am 22 and a college graduate and have yet to date anyone or ever be in love.

Another majore event happened when I was a sophomore in high school, I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. This was something that totally changed my life! (I will write more about this in a later post)

I never went to Bellin College of Nursing, I ended up going to Marian University. My sophomore year of college the dream once again changed. This time it was God calling me to a different path than the one I had for myself and I decided to listen. That year I felt a call towards missions in my life. I also decided to stop looking for my own dreams to come true and search for Gods plan, I decided that nothing else mattered as long as I am serving my Creator, nothing could be better.

So, what's life like now? Well I am one step away from being a RN and am doing everything possible to learn more about missions. I am so excited for that day when I will serve as a missionary nurse in a foreign country but for now I am going to serve where God as placed me......I have stopped trying to figure out the future and am just trying to enjoy the here and now and enjoy everyday the Lord as given me. I still hope to one day be married and have a family but I'm trying not to focus on that dream as much and joyfully accept whatever God has for me. For now I am just using everyday to get to know my God more and allow Him to captivate my heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...