Thursday, September 9, 2010

He costs everything.....He is worth the price

"The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

I have been learning a lot these past few weeks and it is all good stuff! I just finished reading a really good book that I borrowed from a friend and it really inspired me and helped me to grow in my faith. The book is And the bride wore white by Dannah Gresh, one of my favorite chapters in the book was about the above verse. I want to share with you a little from the chapter:

          "We just don't 'get' the value of pearls since we live in a culture that creates them. Jesus lived in a    culture that knew their true value. Did you know that when He was on earth the only way to find a pearl was to dive into the ocean and find mollusks...not one but thousands. In fact, a man had to open up to 15,000 mollusks to find just one pearl, and it may or may not have been one of great value. How many did he have to pry open to find that precious pearl of great value? So rare was the valuable pearl that often a man did have to sell all that he had--his land, his livestock, his servants, his home--to have enough to buy just one pearl of great value. I wonder if we're willing to pursue Christ with such passion?"


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...