Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Whirlwind

Do you ever feel like your mind is a whirlwind of too many thoughts and things to do? That is how I feel, ever since I got back from Africa I have been so crazy busy! I shouldn't complain because the busyness is all good things! It's just that sometimes there is just so much that I feel like I don't have enough time to process anything before I'm running off to the next thing. So much has changed in the past month and I am so excited to see where God is taking me on this journey, only sometimes I feel like I freeze and can't move. I can see a path in the distance but it seems so hard to actually get there!

For the past 5 or so years of my life I thought I was going to be a full time missionary to Africa, working as a nurse missionary. A month ago I went to Africa on a missions trip and taught health classes. While I was there I knew God was speaking to me however, I didn't like what He had to say, or at least not at first. So, you know what I did? I argued with Him, yup that's right God and I were having a disagreement, looking back on it is silly to think that I was actually arguing with the One who created me, my Lord and Saviour, the perfect One. What was the argument you ask? Missions, God was telling me that while I love Africa, this was not the mission field He was calling me to, I would not be serving there full time like I have been dreaming about! At first I was angry, mad and hurt, I thought God, how can you say no? I am doing this for you! I love you and want to serve you here! You know I love missions! What do you mean no?

God gently replied, I'm not telling you no to missions, I'm saying no to Africa. This confused me for a while, until I was back in the States, then it hit me, my mission field is right where I am, God showed me what I am truly passionate about and that is college students! I want to continue to be a part of the lives of college students and help lead them in their faith or to God if they don't know Him. So where does this all leave me? I am currently praying about interning with an organization called Campus Crusade for Christ. I love this group and what it does. I am excited to pray about and look into becoming more involved in this organization and most importantly doing what God has called me to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Way to listen to God :) I love your blog and all your posts on Africa! Newest follower.

Valerie said...

Thanks Amber!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...