Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Health 101

In Africa we each had our own subject we were going to teach the girls at the school. I am a Registered Nurse so I thought it would be appropriate that I teach something health related. Only problem was, I hate public speaking, I hate being the center of attention and having all eyes focused on me! Good thing God is so amazing, He gave me the strength to overcome and I was able to teach some basic but helpful health classes to girls who were so eager to learn anything and everything I had to say.


Basic hand washing ... One of the girls told me that she use to not care about washing her hands but after I taught her the importance of proper hand washing and preventing the spread of germs she is now really careful to make sure she washes her hands really well! I was really touched by that comment! Who knew something so little to me would be so big to her!
How to rescue a choking baby! These girls absolutely loved the doll or "baby Emily" as we named her. They had never had a doll growing up and they were so excited to hold baby Emily!
How to bandage a wound. I also taught how to treat burns and the importance of getting enough sleep. I couldn't have asked for a better class! These girls are truly amazing and I wish you could meet each one of them because I just know you would love them as much as I do!

2 comments:

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

When we are weak, HE is strong! What a blessing you must have been to these girls! It's crazy how much we take for granted here in America.

sarah {on the brightside...} said...

That is so sweet what you were able to do! God really can use little things in a big way! Such a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...