Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Team

So here it is, my first official post about Africa and I want to start it out my introducing you to the wonderful women I served with for 2 1/2 weeks!


I'm in the yellow on the left, than it's Victoria, Brenda, Bobbi-jo, Julie and Wanda. These are some wonderful ladies! I am a registered nurse so I taught health classes, Victoria and Bobbi-jo taught jewelry making, Bobbi-jo also cleaned the girls teeth (she is a dental hygienist), Julie taught the girls how to sew a purse and Wanda taught the girls how to sew a quilt. Brenda is the missionary who lives in Benin, West Africa. The picture above was taken at a restaurant. (which also was the only toilet between Cotonou where we flew into all the way to Parakou which is the city we worked in. It was about a 7 hour drive!) Now that you have met the team stay tuned for posts about the rest of the trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only toilet! Wow. The missionary life is always so intriguing to me. Can't wait to hear more )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...