Thursday, April 28, 2011

Gearing up

It's about that time where some changes will once again occur. I am excited for these changes for the most part anyways. With change always comes anxiety. Thankfully while in college I memorized a verse that got me through a lot of my days.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

Yes that verse was easy to memorize because I had to read it just about every day! In a couple of weeks I will be moving to a new city, it is only 30 minutes from where I live now so I'm not moving that far. I will also be closer to my family and friends from back home. I am still a little nervous about how things will go when I move but trusting that the Lord will provide me with friendships, fellowship, and everything else I need.

I have been working less hours at work. I now have to part-time jobs instead of my full time job. This was a hard decision to make, while I did not like my full time job it meant a lot of hours and a lot of money to provide for my needs. Now I only work when I call and there are hours to pick up, risky I know! I prayed about this decision and really felt like this is what I was to do at this time. I hoping to use my extra time to minister to those around me, especially college students.

Last night at Bible Study we talked about if we really are relying on God to provide for us. For my entire life I have never had to worry about where my next meal will come from or if I will have a place to sleep. I never really had to rely on God in those areas of my life. I now need to trust God to provide me with enough hours at work to meet my needs. This is exciting, yet terrifying at the same time. Thankfully my God is greater than anything and I know He will provide for me, it just may not look how I think it should.


Thanks for reading my ramblings .... Until next time, Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...