Friday, May 31, 2013

40 year journey

"It is [only] eleven days' journey from Horeb by the way of Mount Seir to Kadeshbarnea [on Canaan's border; yet Israel took forty years to get beyond it].  

Deuteronomy 1:2

I read this today and thought about how often I have made an eleven day journey into a forty year journey! Sometimes Gods' plan is so simply but I make it so complicated and allow so many distractions get in the way. So many times when reading the old testament, I look at the Israelite's and think "wow, they were so stupid at times, whey didn't they just believe and trust in God." Then I look at my own life and realize I do the exact same thing! Why don't I always trust that God has the best plan for me? Why would I spend 40 years trying to get somewhere that only takes 11 days!! I remember the first time that verse really sunk in, I was so amazed. 

Lately, I have been trying to develop a heart of thankfulness, which isn't always easy. I am trying to thank God for everything He has given me instead of looking to and complaining about what I don't have. It is so much easier to complain than to be thankful, but I despise complainers and I don't want to be one! I want to have a heart of thankfulness, a heart that beats for God. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...