Sunday, December 16, 2012

Certainty.

I saw the following posted on Facebook by one of my friends and wanted to share.

During tragic times like this there is inevitably a mad scramble for CLARITY. How could this happen? Why would a good and loving God let this happen? Who’s to blame for this senseless violence? 

The problem – Shallow Christian clichés fall short and ultimately Clarity never comes…because at best, we see ‘through a glass dimly…'

During times like this we think we need Clarity when we really need is Certainty.

• I am certain that this senseless act breaks the heart of God because…I am certain that God understands what it means to lose a son.

• I am certain that every one of todays victims was precious to God

• I am certain that God is near to the brokenhearted

• I am certain that no life ever is devoid of meaning no matter how short.

• I am certain that Jesus meant it when he said, ‘Let the little children come to me’.

• I am certain that life is precious and that every day with your kids is a gift.

• I am certain that America needs to rediscover a reverence for life.

• I am certain that a day is coming when suffering will cease and God will reign.

• I am certain that when anyone closes their eyes here for the last time and wakes up in the arms of Jesus - they will be more alive than they have ever been.

1 comment:

sarah {on the brightside...} said...

beautiful & absolutely true words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...