Saturday, February 11, 2012

Discouraged

My afternoon can be summed up in one word today - DISCOURAGED. As I wrote about in my last post, I have applied to intern with CRU, which would mean going in to full time ministry. My dad is not very happy with my decision, he doesn't understand at all why I would give up my nursing career to do a job that requires me to raise support. He refuses to talk to me directly about it but tells my brother and sister-in-law exactly what he thinks about it. As a daughter, I long to please my father and it hurts to know that he is not happy with a choice I have made. I know the Lord is calling me to ministry and the most important thing I can do is to please my heavenly Father, so Father I trust You.

If you pray, please pray for me and for a change in my dad's heart.

source

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Will be praying for you! =)

Casey said...

We've had the same thing happen to us for years working in the church and overseas. There are just some people in our lives who will never understand why we do what we do. Just rest assured that Father's Son's own family even doubted Him and tried to discourage His ministry. It's hard to move forward when others don't agree with our calling, but when we know we are doing what Father has called us to do, that is all that matters. Praying you find the strength to move forward despite this!

Valerie said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...