Friday, November 18, 2011

Inhale..... Big Step .... Exhale

Last weekend I traveled to Minneapolis, Minnesota for a conference called Life Options. Life Options is a conference put on by Campus Crusade for Christ (CRU). The conference is all about helping college juniors and seniors explore their life options. The conference shared many different ways you can become involved in CRU, going on staff, interning, going over seas, working in the main office, working with high schoolers, etc. The conference also encouraged those going into the work force to see that as their place of ministry and share their faith there.

Since I got back from my trip to Africa in September and realized I would not be becoming a full time nurse missionary I have wrestled with a new idea ...... interning with CRU ..... wait ... WHAT!? I am so scared but completely excited at the same time! I have begun filling out the extremely long and intense application. If I am accepted I will spend the summer raising support, I need to raise A LOT of money to intern. That part kind of scares me ... ok it REALLY scares me but my God is amazing and if this is what He has for me, I trust that all my needs will be met and the support will come in.



This is a huge step for me, while interning I will not be able to work an outside job, which means goodbye nursing for at least a year. I feel like I should be more upset about giving up a career that I worked four long years of college to earn but I am not. I am joyful for this opportunity to serve the Lord. I still need to tell my parents which is also scary, I have no idea how they are going to react, so please pray for me and for them!

XoXo,

Valerie :D

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...