Sunday, August 7, 2011

Out of my box

Today I gave a 5 minute presentation on my upcoming mission trip to Africa at a church I used to go to when I lived with my parents. Now that I have moved to a different city I no longer go there. If you know me at all you know that I really, really dislike public speaking. It was great to be able to share about what God is doing in my life and my excitement for Africa. Afterwords everyone was so nice and excited for me as well. God is so good how he sends encouragement when we need it the most! The church also provided me with a donation towards my trip which was way more than expected! (not that I was expecting anything).

After church I meet up with an old friend from high school. It was so great to have lunch with her, we have been trying to plan a time to get together for the last 6 months! We live a couple hours from each other so it's not like we can see each other a lot. She also gave me a card and a donation for my trip which was unexpected. I thought I had seen all the support I was going to get but turns out it is still coming in.

3 comments:

Offset said...

Congrats on your upcoming missions trip. Will this be your first time going to Africa?

Valerie said...

Yes, first of hopefully many!

Anonymous said...

God is good! To give you what you need even though you didn't expect it. Congrats on your mission trip

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...