Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Do Not Worry

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'what shall we eat?' or 'what shall we drink?' or 'what shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
~Matthew 6:25-34~

God's word is so amazing! He knows exactly what I need to hear, when I need to hear it. I found myself worrying about money earlier today, you see I currently don't have insurance because I graduated from college and my insurance from my job doesn't kick in until October 1st and I recently had some health issues which racked up some major costs. Thankfully I have enough money to pay for it and it won't leave me broke. But it did make me think, think about trusting God. I have read the above passage many, many, many times and always thought well of course I trust God, of course He will provide for me, it's what He does and I took this for granted. Tonight when I read the above passage, I read it with a heart of thanksgiving, of gratefulness, what a loving God we have who will meet all our needs! I am so grateful that I don't have to worry about tomorrow, I know my God will take care of me, whatever tomorrow holds. Instead of spending my time worrying about finances, my job, my health, etc. I want to follow what it says in verse 33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness....." What does that mean? Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness? To me it means that I will look to God in everything. The word first stands out to me, it doesn't say second or third but FIRST! We must seek Him. My God is Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who provides. And He was provided, more than I could ever imagine. I am so blessed to have a wonderful place to live, a job, friends, family and the list goes on. I encourage you to think about all God has provided for you and thank Him for it! What father out there doesn't want to provide for his child? He has so much for us, we just need to seek Him!

I am so past worrying, "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" If anything worrying steals our time, it causes us to not trust and to question our faith. Nothing positive ever comes out of worrying. God knows everything before it happens, He promises to never leave or forsake you. My friends please don't worry, instead pray, look to God because He will provide!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...