Saturday, February 16, 2013

Season of lonliness

Lately I have felt so alone, I miss having friends around all the time and always having something to do on a Friday night. Lately, life has consisted of working 40-50 hours a week and church on Sundays. How I long to do fun things with friends, to be silly, laugh for hours on end and just enjoy each others company. I have been transitioning to a new phase in life and it is difficult. I haven't been a student for a few years now and all my close friends have moved away. Don't get me wrong, when I finally do see my friends from far away, it is like we have never been apart and I love, love that!

I am not sure why I am currently struggling to find friends who are at the same stage of life as I am, people who are there for me. I just want to find a few people who accept me as I am, who don't give me a list of things I need to fix. I want to be chosen and loved for me, just as I am.

This has been a really hard season and it doesn't appear to be ending any time soon. Here is what I know:

  •  I know that the Lord has a plan for all that He does.
  •  I know He works all things for the good of those who love Him.
  •  I know the Lord can sympathize with me. Tonight I was reading from Matthew 26 and in verse 31 Jesus tells his disciples, His close group of friends, that they will all desert Him that night. 
  • Jesus knows what it is like to be alone. 


I am going to leave you with this quote I came across tonight:

"I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one’s thoughts." (Elisabeth Elliot) 


2 comments:

PraisingMyCreater said...

Seasons of loneliness seem to be some of the hardest. this too shall pass! keep your chin up! :)

Evie said...

Hi Valerie!

I haven't been on here to blog or read for quite some time. I just wanted to say that I always enjoy reading your posts. I'm so sorry to hear that you were feeling so lonely. I hope things have looked up since you wrote this. I really enjoyed your last visit and would LOVE to get together more often. I have gone through seasons just like this but it is nice to know that God hears the cries of our hearts. You are such a wonderful friend and I am so blessed by you. I look forward to seeing you again, sister. God bless you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...