Monday, November 22, 2010

Be still

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Sounds easy right? Wrong! Lately I feel like God has called me to just be still, just quiet my heart and listen to Him. It seems like it should be so easy....but I'm finding it to be sooo hard! I tell myself, "ok, I'm just going to sit here and be quiet and listen to whatever God wants to speak to me." That lasts for about 30 seconds if I'm lucky because I than find my mind think about something else...I couldn't even keep my focus for 30 seconds! Than I tell myself to think about nothing but than I am thinking about thinking about nothing! How I long to just be still before God....It's a good thing that God is patient because it is taking me a long time to learn how to be still!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...