Saturday, October 30, 2010

Time

My cousin decided to end her life on thursday, I am completely shocked by the news. I had no idea things had gotten so bad for her. I will miss her, I played with her when we were younger because our dads are close. It really made me sad to think that life could be so bad that you think the only way out is to take your own life. It also reminded me of just how important it is to share the Gospel with people I love. (and those I don't know as well). We never know when it will be our time to go or our loved ones. We need to seize every opportunity we have to tell others about Jesus! I know that I have always known this but circumstances like this just remind you all the more.

Here is a verse that a friend shared with me today that was comforting:

Isaiah 55: 8-9 " My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts" says the LORD, " And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

I do not have all the answers nor do I claim to but I know who does, that person is God. I can not even begin to comprehend all that He does but I trust in Him. I know that He loves me and desires what is best for me and all His children.

I will miss you Anna Young.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...