Sunday, January 13, 2013

Battlefield of the Mind


I have begun reading Battlefield of the mind by Joyce Meyers, it is an awesome book that talks about negative thoughts and uses scripture to do it. I have only read the first four chapters but already it is so encouraging, this is what I have learned so far:
If we have a negative mind, we will have a negative life
To have an effective prayer life I need to have a good relationship with my heavenly Father.
Fill your prayers with God's Word.
We will walk across the finish line of victory in any area if we are willing to go all the way through it with Him.
Galatians 6:9
I have spent forty years trying to make an eleven day journey. (Reference to the Israelite's journey)

1 Peter 5:10
When we try to do something on our own, fail and then realize that we must wait on Him, our hearts overflow with thanksgiving and praise as He rises up and does what we can not do ourselves.
Don't receive condemnation when you have setbacks or bad days. Just get back up, dust yourself off, and start again.
Just let Christ be strong in your weaknesses, let Him be your strength on your weak days.
Psalm 42:5
Discouragement destroys hope. Without hope we give up.
God wants us to me encouraged not discouraged.
He uses the difficult period of waiting to stretch our faith and to let patience have her perfect work. (James 1:4) God's timing is perfect, He is never late.
Philippians 2:13, 1:6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dad read that book and still raves about it! I might look into it ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...