Thursday, July 15, 2010

Walking with God

I was reflecting on my walk with God today and realized something, I don't always walk with Him. Actually most of the time I am either running ahead of Him or lagging behind. Sometimes I leap into something because I think it is what He has for me and I don't even think to pray and ask if this is right. I just run ahead and than I am frustrated because I feel lost because I tried to get ahead and go the way I though was right. Other times I lag behind, I know what He wants me to do and I don't want to do it due to fear, selfishness, pride, and the list could go on and on.

For the first time this summer I have really felt the peace of God, the peace that you know comes from Him because there is no way you could manufacture this peace by yourself. It is so amazing, there are no words to describe how good it is to know that you are walking side by side with the Creator of the universe! That He cares enough to take my hand and lead me through life. That if I fall, He is there to pick me up and set me on my feet again.

I know that God has led me to the place where I live and work and I am so excited to see how He will use it for His glory because right now that is all that I want. He has done so much for me and will continue to do many more amazing things in my life that I just want to do something for Him. I want to serve Him everyday. I know I can never "pay Him back" for all He has done for me but I desire more than ever to serve Him and use my life to give Him glory and praise.

"Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way." 2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...